Have you been charged with Possession of Drugs for Sale or Transportation of Drugs for Sale in Arizona? If convicted with Possession or Transport of Drugs For Sale you will experience consequences for the rest of your life. There is no doubt if you face these serious charges with inadequate legal representation, you will receive the maximum sentence allowable.
Possession of Drugs For Sale or Transportation For Sale ARS §13-3407
Police will look for the following factors to see a charge of Possession of Drugs For Sale or Transportation For Sale is in order:
- Does the person have a large amount of money in their possession
- Were the drugs hidden or stored away in their vehicle or luggage
- Did the person possess numerous baggies or other items which could separate the drug into saleable packets
- Did the person have a scale
- Did undercover officers conduct hand-to-hand transactions for cash and things of this nature
- Was the accused in possession of drugs that exceeds Arizona’s threshold amounts
Drug Threshold Amounts
- Marijuana 4lbs
- Methamphetamine: 9 grams
- Cocaine (Powder): 9 grams
- Crack Cocaine: ¾ gram
- Heroin: 1 gram
- LSD: ½ milliliter or 50 units in blotter form
- PCP: 4 grams
A person who is found to be “above threshold” faces a mandatory minimum prison term, even for a first offense.
Possession of Drugs For Sale or Transportation For Sale Sentences (Class 2 Felony)
First Offense Below Threshold: 1 – 12.5 years incarceration
First Offense Above Threshold: Mandatory Prison 3-12.5 years
Additional Convictions (Regardless of Above or Below Threshold)
Second Offense: Up to 23.25 Years Prison
Third Offense: Up to 25 Years Prison
Do you have 30 minutes to discuss your case?
Free Consultation with a Drug Crime Lawyer – Click Here to Schedule
The Law Offices of David M. Cantor take pride in knowing more about the defense of Possession of Drugs For Sale or Transportation For Sale than prosecutors and police officers. We will be “Beyond Aggressive” in your defense of these allegations. Some possible defenses against are:
- The Accused Did Not Knowingly Possess Any Drugs
- Miranda Rights Violation
- Denial of Right To Counsel
If convicted, you are facing lifelong consequences for you and your family.
What is Your Future Worth? Call The Law Offices of David M. Cantor at 602-307-0808 or Contact Us For a Free Case Consultation.
For more information about charges of Possession Of Drugs For Sale / Transportation For Sale, please refer to our parent site for The Law Offices of David M. Cantor.